Sunday, 14 November 2010

Eylure 'Double Lashes' Review

Inspired by my new pigment pot - Mac's Moonlight Night - I decided slather it on to create a darker night time look.  I think this pot may now be my new favourite, I'm loving anything green at the moment for some unknown reason and it also makes a change from the Dark Soul pigment.  Now, it might just be me, but I also find that this pigment seems to end up more on my eyelid and less all over my face than Dark Soul, but I might just be applying it differently.


The photo doesn't pick up the green shimmer as much as I would have liked but it doesn't disappoint in person.

With the heavy dark look I find that smaller lashes seem to get lost in the swathes of black shadow and instead of doing a Cher Lloyd and gluing sets of lashes together to achieve a stronger look (I've heard she sticks 4 on top of each other!), the good people of Eylure have kindly done it for us!

As you can see from the picture they are pretty heavy duty especially when compared to the Eylure Glamour Lashes which are a typical purchase for a night out.  They are £6.95 and you can pick them up from most Boots or Superdrug stores. If you don't often wear fake eyelashes, I wouldn't recommend starting with the Double Lashes as they are quite noticeable when you have them on (in your area of vision) and this can be quite disconcerting at first. However, if you are a seasoned lash wearer or tend to wear quite long length lashes you do get used to it quickly. 

I would also recommend cutting the lashes down to fit the size of your eyelid.  Whilst it is good practice to do this with all of your lashes so that they sit on your eyelid properly, in reality, if you are in a rush to get ready this tends to go out of the window.  With most lashes you can get away with this for a night but with the double lashes they will most likely lift up at one or both ends and you may be rushing to the toilets in a desperate bid to stick them back down again! This problem is erased as long as you cut them to fit before you put them on.

As you can see from the above picture they are noticeable from quite a distance and are great if you have extreme or dark eyeshadow on.  I have re-purchased them quite a few times and they are definitely my favourite lashes for a night out. 

What are your favouite lashes and what is your favourite lash brand?

1 comment:

Kerry! said...

great review! i love those double lashes, have you tried the 205's? they are the same, but a tiny bit more dramatic if thats possible! my fave lashes to wear on a night out, but so hard to get hold of now its christmas, everywhere is sold out! x