Friday, 19 November 2010

Topshop Nail Varnish Review

As a Topshop junkie I am constantly in the store but always buying clothes and jewellery, I have walked past the new make-up range a few times and last week I finally decided to actually make a purchase. I went with one of the nail varnishes in Sketch as I absolutely adored the colour, a sort of purplish grey.


The packaging is so cute and I could easily buy all the colours in the collection just to display them on the top of my dresser.  However, although I love the colour I will say that I find that the varnish has quite an inconsistant texture.  When I was putting it on some areas were really thick whilst others were paper thin.  It took 3 coats to get an overall even distribution.



However, this is outweighed by the fact that I've now had this nail varnish on now for about 3 days, and have only had one small chip! I can't stand chipped nail varnish and I'm not sure if I am just seriously heavy handed but I find that most nail varnishes that I have brought (especially those that are £5 and under) chip literally the next day.  Thus meaning I have to take it off and reapply. So the fact that this has actually remained virtually chip-free is a major bonus for me!

For the price and the packaging I will definately be purchasing more colours.

Has anyone else tried any Topshop make-up products? Any recommendations?

No comments: