Friday, 18 February 2011

1940's FOTD...

Hey Dolls,

From my previous post you will know that I went to an event the other week where I had to dress in a late 1940's style.  I thought that I would post up close up pics of my hair and the make-up that I decided to wear that evening.



Face
MAC Mineralize Satinfinish Foundation in NC25
MAC Studio Scuplt Conceler in NC25
MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Medium (I usually use dark but as I was trying to lighten my skin a bit I went for a lighter shade)
MAC Mineralize Blush in Dainty

Eyes
Urban Decay Primer Potion
Benefit High Beam (as a highlighter under brow)
MAC Vintage Selection Paintpot (all over lid)
MAC Bisque (inner lid blended into vintage selection)
MAC Wedge (crease to make the look subtly defined)
Rimmel Black Exaggerate Eyeliner
Rimmel Volume Flash Mascara
MAC False Lashes No.8

Eyebrows
The Body Shop Brow and Liner Kit in dark

Lips
Carmex (helps lips to not dry out so much!)
Max Factor Red Lip Liner
MAC Red Lipstick

As for the hair, I was going to attempt to do a Veronica Lake inspired look, however this didn't pan out so well as I didn't have the time.  Instead I attempted a couple of Victory Rolls whilst sitting on the tube (don't think I did too bad a job considering)!  Its such a fun look and I wish I could wear it everyday.  My hair is always getting in my eyes as I always wear it down and it was lovely to actually be able to see for once! In order to do the Victory Rolls I used a pin curling technique (which funnily enough was from a video explaining how to actually get Veronica Lake hair), I will post it below in case anyone wants to give it a whirl!

You will also notice that my hair is slightly redder at the roots in this pic.  This is because after years of having hair so dark that it is practically black I am fed up with it and want to change colour.  However, this is easier said than done and is going to have to be done in stages in order to avoid the horror of hair stripping!



Hope you like!


5 comments:

ohyouprettythings said...

Such a gorgeous look!! You are beautiful!!! :]

Alex said...

So beautiful, I love this look x

Lauren said...

beautiful look...

roshas said...

w0w you look so beautiful. I'm loving the hair, makeup and style :) xx

caroleen's garden said...

wow! so so beautiful! love all your look! hair & make up! :)