Saturday, 26 February 2011

Out here in this jungle...





I went out for dinner last night and as I had removed my nail varnish the previous day I had bare nails, which I didn't think was the best look for going out.  I looked along my nail varnish shelf and picked up Barry M's 'mint green' which I have barely used since I brought it a couple of months ago.  I have no idea why as I love the colour, perhaps I subconsciously think that it is too summery.  Pushing these thoughts aside, I thought why not, the suns been out the last couple of days, that counts as summer... right?

The formula isn't as thick as I would have liked and it took three coats to get it really opaque.  Thankfully, it was actually very fast drying so there was minimal smudging whilst I was trying to get ready with wet nails.  I also painted the whole lot with Barry M's 'basecoat, topcoat & nail hardener' which I actually really rate for £2.99.  I usually use Seche Vite but when I ran out I grabbed some of this, it leaves a very high shine, glossy finish similar to Seche Vite and it dries pretty quick too!

When I had more time I decided to create an accent nail by painting on a few spots of Barry M's 'bright pink' and then used my Models Own nail art pen to draw on some leopard print detailing. 

I'm really liking bright colours at the moment, but I do worry that some will look too garish on me! What do you think of the mint green? Any recommendations for bright colours that won't necessarily make me look like a hooker?

P.S. Don't forget you can enter my Wishing for Summer Giveaway (here) to win Barry M's mint green nail varnish!

16 comments:

Chuui said...

Wow you drew the leopard print on? I thought it was done using a stamp! Loving it :)

X

Maggie said...

That is one of my favourite nail colours, and now I know just the thing to jazz it up a bit!

xxMxx

angiepizants said...

AHHHHHHHHHHH! I LOVE this!

R. said...

I really love it! xx

Emma Greenwood said...

I was put off this colour when I had it on a few days ago but it looks lovely with the leopard print - I may have to give it a second chance! xx

Lila Loves said...

ah I LOVE it! I am going to definitely try this. Look out for a NOTD copycat haha
xxx
lilaloves.blogspot.com

Emily said...

Thanks for all the lovely comments dolls!

@Chuui Yes I drew them on! It can take a bit of time if your doing it on every nail but its alright if its just on one, and you really don't need as steady a hand as you would think!

@Maggie Go for it! Its strange how a design on one nail can change a look.

@Emma Greenwood I didn't think I was going to like the colour at first and my friends weren't massively keen, but it has really grown on me. I think a splash of pink brightens it up a bit!

@Lila Loves Oh do! I would love to be a NOTD inspiration!

xx

lovevictoriaa said...

this looks so good! i love that mint color and the leopard looks awesome!!!

roshas said...

i love it! the design is flawless xxx

Eri said...

Hi there,
Your blog is very nice. Please come and have a look at my fashion blog Pretty Portobello

See you soon.
x

Imo said...

Aw i like this one too! I think I need that nail pen =D x

Lila Loves said...

I did the copycat NOTD! Ive done a link to your amazing nails too :) check it out here-
http://lilaloves.blogspot.com/2011/03/notd-leopard-print-on-grape.html
I think I did okay for a first attempt haha.
Looking forward to trying more colour combos now! xxx

Xela Purple said...

I'm wearing this colour right now. It's my all time favorite!

Amy Michelle said...

Such pretty nails!

check out my blog

http://amysmakeupblog.blogspot.com/

dl.blogspot said...

Looks soo great!!

Barttart said...

Oooh I love this! Think I just found a new look!