Monday, 21 February 2011

The Pink Panther...




Ok, so it may be more of a pink zebra...

I recently acquired Model's Own 'vintage pink' as I thought it would be the perfect shade for spring, its a cute dusty pink.  I am currently supposed to be working on my dissertation and will literally do anything to avoid it, so when I glanced over at my shelf and saw my Models Own WAH nail art pen I thought 'hello procrastination'. 

The pen has two ends, one is a pen and one is a brush or 'striper'. I used the striper to create the zebra effect.  I have never used the brush before and it is honestly really easy to draw the stripes on, even with your left hand! 

When I first started using the brush I unfortunately had mass bristle fall out to the point when the entire brush fell apart.  I brought the pen from ASOS and have to give massive props to them for their amazing customer service! I contacted them to tell them that I had a faulty brush, they responded within an hour to apologise and said they would send me out a new one, which I received the next day! This one is great so must have just been unlucky!

I got a new ring which I love (the skull ring)! I was going to put up a link just in case anyone wanted to know where it was from (Topshop) but it isn't on the website.  However, I only got it the other week in Topshop Oxford Circus so if you're like me and obsessed with skulls you may still be able to get it there.  The cross ring I got a while ago from Urban Outfitters, its no longer in stock online but you can get an identical one from ASOS here.  

11 comments:

Hayles said...

I am obsessed with my Models Own 'Vintage pink' i have worn it for the last two weeks!! Think i might have to invest in the nail pens - your nails look gorgeous xx

roshas said...

I love your nails - so creative !

KLEE said...

these are perfect! xo

wakeupbuttercup.blogspot.com

Kaushal - BeautyFulfilled said...

Love this!! xx

nicoletta said...

Hi there, just stumbled across your blog and following. This looks really cool, love the double ring too xx

Emma Greenwood said...

Wow, very pretty! I love that shade of pink, it's so classic. I feel inspired to go zebra style! xx

Nicole - Top To Toe said...

Wow, this is great, I have never tried freehand, only ever used konad, but this looks amazing :-) xx

kirstyb said...

oooh loving the nails x

Cris said...

The nails and rings are super fab!!

StyleFrost said...

I love your nails, you're so good at nail art! Love the rings too! x

Imo said...

Hello procrastination, so addictive!