Monday, 7 February 2011

Pretty green eyes so full of sparkle and such light...

Hi Dolls, hope everyone had a good weekend?  Mine was a bit up and down really.  On the good side I got my nails done at WAH (pictures will be put up tomorrow) and got some new rings and make up, but, also found out that some people just have to make stuff up to entertain themselves which isn't so great.  But anyway, I popped into MAC to see if they had the Micky Contractor 'Oomph' eyeshadow as it was always sold out online, well, at least whenever I made an attempt to get it! Luckily they did so I decided to have a play around with it and chose to layer green and gold. 





Took this photo before I stuck the falsies on so you could hopefully see the see the colours a bit better.

Eyes
Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion
Benefit Moon Beam (as highlighter under brow)
MAC Oomph e/s (outer corner)
MAC Sumptuous Olive e/s (centre lid)
MAC Woodwinked e/s (inner lid)
Benefit Mr Frosty White Eyeliner
Rimmel Black Exaggerate Eyeliner
Rimmel Volume Flash Mascara (will have to do a review on this as I think its amazing for only £5!)
MAC No.8 False Lashes

I really liked the look of Oomph from the promo photos but when I got it home I thought that it looked really similar to MAC's Club and was worried that I had really just wasted money on something that I basically already had.  I thought I would put up a few comparison photos in case anyone was curious.


The difference between the two shadows is stark when you swatch them, Club looks so brown compared to Oomph and you can't really tell from these photos but Club has a far more metallic quality.  Overall, I prefer Oomph as its such a rich green.

Don't forget to enter my Wishing for Summer Giveaway! (here)




8 comments:

Marilou said...

Woah!! Gorgeous!!!! Such a beautiful make up, I am speechless!

StealMyHeartLovee said...

Gorgeous! :)

roshas said...

wow so pretty :) great photos xx

StyleFrost said...

Love those mac eyeshadows, you eyes look so pretty! x

Kim's Vanity said...

Wow, this look is just gorgeous, you have stunning eyes. I love how green shadow looks with brown eyes.

Imo said...

I LOVE this look, defintely a party look =D

R. said...

Very pretty look!!

check out my blog, and if you like it please subscribe :)

http://beautyaddictanonymous.blogspot.com/

xx

Lila Loves said...

hi Emily :)
have you tried Club on a black base?
If you scroll to the bottom of this post I show what happens....

http://lilaloves.blogspot.com/2011/01/my-mac-eye-shadow-collection.html

I haven't seen Oomph before but its stunning and this is a lovely look! x