Tuesday, 1 February 2011

Studded and Nailed

I have realised that I am obsessed with WAH nails as I am about to do another WAH inspired NOTD post!  A while ago I was browsing through their site (here) looking at pictures for inspiration and came across a picture which included gold square pyramid studs (here), I was in love.  I was totally set on attempting to recreate the look, however, I didn't realise how difficult it was going to be trying to get hold of these studs!  I trawled the internet for ages looking for some and eventually managed to find a UK site that sold them.


I put more studs on my little nail so you can see the effect better, but I actually only wore them on one nail as an accent.


 I decided to team the look with my double finger cross ring from ASOS (here).

Heres what I used to complete the look.  

I painted on a base coat and allowed to dry before painting on two coats of Barry M Black nail varnish.  Whilst the second coat was still tacky I used tweezers to pick up the studs and place them in a line down the centre of my nail (the studs are a bugger to pick up so I definitely suggest using tweezers instead of your fingers).  However, if you put the studs on and the nail varnish has dried too much they will come off easily.  If this has happened paint a dab of clear nail varnish under the area that you are about to place the stud and then allow to go tacky.  After your line of studs is complete paint over a couple of coats of clear nail varnish to seal them in. 

If you want to recreate this look you can get the studs from At Your Finger Tips (here).  The site has loads of nail art accessories and you can also get the round gold studs which WAH use quite a lot in their designs.  It is the only place I can find that actually sells these square gold studs! If anyone else has seen/heard of anywhere let me know!

They are quite hard wearing and mine didn't come until a few days after and even then it was only one or too studs that fell off.  I would also say that try and get the studs as flush to your nail as possible, that way they aren't going to catch on anything and get pulled off.

What do you think?


16 comments:

Miss*Kimmy said...

So gorgeous! I love how the gold embellishment matches that to die for ring. I really want a cross ring like that. And I love the new look of you blog, it's gorgeous!

Elizabeth said...

I really like this! nice colour choices x

char said...

They are amazing! Def. want to try this out now! x

Alex said...

wow! thats amazing seriously loving studds and i never thought of using them on nails! just perfect!

kirstyb said...

oh wow these look freaking amazing must attempt this at some point in my life xxxx

Thedreamsofanizzyinabigwildworld:) said...

Thats gorgeous babez!
<3 your blogg, your really inspiring :)
izzy x
http://belleoftheblush.blogspot.com/

Rikzen said...

Hey ;)
Ohh! Nice blog - Love It <3
Check My Out: www.Rikzen.blogspot.com

XoXo - Rikke

ohyouprettythings said...

Very cool!! Love it! :)

Liparazzi said...

I love this! I reckon it would take some patience but so worth it because the finished result looks really cool!

Marilou said...

How pretty!!!! Rock yet glamorous. You go girl :)

FashionJunkie123 said...

love the nail varnish fab look, id love you to check out my blog and give any feedback! xxx

"this fashion lark." said...

This look is so rock and roll, I really like it x

Vintage and Cake said...

What a great idea I do love studs, aww thanks for sharing will have to give this a go xxxxx

Gem said...

The studs look amazing, what a fab idea! and it wouldn't take too long if you just put them on one nail like you did
x

Sterling said...

http://www.dollarnailart.com/ has studs and about a billion other things, the only downside is you have to order $25 worth of stuff but they've got so much I don't think that'd be too hard. Love the nails, WAH got me slightly obsessed with nail studs too! Cheers!

Kpatricia19 said...

This is really cool, i've also been searching for them like crazy can you please give the website where you bought them from!