Sunday, 13 March 2011

Another Crack in My Heart

 Models Own Bloo Bloo 
and 
Barry M's Crackle varnish

The title of this post is actually a Take That track which I randomly thought of whilst I was painting my nails  - thanks boys!

Back on to the actual topic of this post, crackle varnish.  I have to say I have been so slow in jumping on the bandwagon with this, but I am glad I finally did!  I love nail art and to be honest I haven't always got the time to sit there and paint leopard print on (like I did here), or zebra stripes (like here).  Its nice to just slap on a coat of this and watch the magic happen!

I have a couple of tips which may be useful to those who have/want the crackle polish:

1. Patience is a virtue! Make sure you wait until your chosen base colour coat is completely dry before you paint on the crackle glaze.  If its still a bit tacky you tend to get less crackle effect and more huge separated chunks of black (see my thumbnail).

2. For a better crackle effect blow on your nails whilst the polish is drying.  I have tested it out a few times and I find that if I blow on it the finished effect is better for some unknown reason.  Has anyone else found this?  Or got any more tips involving crackle polish?

I am massively looking forward to Models Own new line of 'Smash-up' crackle polishes!


The darker blue colour really appeals to me and so does the purple. Decisions, decisions!  According to the Models Own blog (here) they are being released in Boots from the 20th of April, can't wait!

14 comments:

Hannah. said...

I love Barry M's instant effect nail varnish, it looks great with a glittery colour underneath :) xx

http://hazzaapee.blogspot.com/

lovevictoriaa said...

this is a really pretty combo! i love the light blue color!! im jealous i can't get models own polishes here :/ haha

Hannah Michelle said...

This looks great!! I want this nail polish so bad!!
xx

t said...

Cool nails!

http://initialed.blogspot.com

Dora Cruceru said...

These colors are so cool. I have to say that the hot pink really calls out to me :PI love your blog and I'd be so glad if you wanted to follow each other.Let me know.
xo
Dora

http://adropofindigo.blogspot.com/

Pretty Things said...

ohhhh well excited they are coming to boots!!! yay!

http://blogoftheprettythings.blogspot.com/

xxx

Vintage and Cake said...

Loving that models own colour and can not wait for their crack effect polish to come out !!! Bring on a
April !!!

Melly said...

I like this nailpolish. :)
Do you like follow each other? Let me Know. Have a great day. :)

Jazzy E (hivennn) said...

so pretty. x hivennn p.s enter my giveaway?

Heather Frost said...

Ahh I love the nails if only I could do nails other then a color! Lol so pretty

http://heatherfrostx.blogspot.com/

CurvylishDelish said...

Your nails are gorgeous! and I love your photos- very unique and intricate.

check out my blog if you already haven't at:

vyile.blogspot.com

-Shelly

Tootsie Jean said...

omigosh. I love those nails. I wish I know how to do that =/

-jean
tootsiejean.blogspot.com

Kenzie said...

I really love this color combo. So cute.

From Broadway said...

All these colours as gorgeous!!!