Tuesday, 8 March 2011

Eat, Pray, Love...




No I'm not talking about the film or the book, I am in fact talking about Model's Own 'Pray' nail varnish, a dusky brown that kind of reminds me of hot chocolate.

My Model's Own collection is growing by the day it seems.  As a once devout follower of OPI I decided to broaden my horizons this year and try out different nail varnish brands.  One of the main reasons being  that OPI is rather expensive and because of this I can't keep up with all the new colours!

It has been quite a close call between Barry M and Models Own, but models Own have just pipped it with their wide variety of colours, fun blog (here) and by remaining chip free slightly longer.

The nail varnish formula goes on smoothly and you could probably get away with one coat with this one (if you are in a rush) but two gives you a strong opaque.  One other thing I will say about Models Own nail varnish is the toxic fume type of smell you get whilst painting your nails is not as strong as other nail varnish brands, which is always a bonus in my books.

So eat your dinner, paint on a couple of coats of Pray and love the results!

11 comments:

.x.Sarah.x. said...

Oooh pretty colour!

Looks a slightly darker dupe to Chanel's Particuliere!

I have yet to try Models Own Nail Polishes...so hard to choose from all the pretty colours!

x

G A B Y said...

Ooooh love it! I'm totally into brown nail polishes at the moment x

Chloe Mia said...

Such a lovely colour!

Hannah. said...

This is such a nice colour, I'm your newest folower, maybe you could check out my blog :) ?
http://hazzaapee.blogspot.com/ xxx

Chuui said...

Love the colour! I hate nail polishes that are really smelly, wll give this a go! :)

X

Curves ahead makeup said...

that killer is killer your have the nicest nails !!!

H Rija said...

You have a great blog and I wondering if you want to follow each other

My Lyfe ; My Story

Kim's Vanity said...

Aww, fun post title.
We don't have Models Own here in Canada, but I would love to try their polish, it always looks SO nice.

Amaris said...

Oooh, this is a pretty neutral color :)

Natalie R. said...

MMM... nice colour!

Sweet & Sour said...

Guess what, Models own got a 50% sale going on online. I agree i've got a ghastly collection too, I'm loving there range.