Wednesday, 13 July 2011

FOTD using Urban Decay's Naked Palette...

Hey Dolls!

So much seems to have happened recently that I have found it really hard to blog with any regularity.  I have been on an internship at a marketing firm and on holiday (though for some reason I look seriously pale in these photos!).  Also, after literally months of sleepless nights (this is no joke, I woke up in a panic that I had failed most nights) I finally got my degree classification.  I can happily say that all the hard work paid off and I somehow managed to get a first class honours in law!  Probably the biggest shock of my life, and I actually managed to pull a muscle in my leg from all the jumping up and down!

I have seriously missed blogging though, not that I have really been away that long, but still its good to actually post something up and have a read of all the blogs that I follow.  However, I am so horrendously poor at the moment, so am having to cut back on what I spend.  I have been really lucky and the whole time through uni I had savings, but, after my deposit on the flat in London they have finally run out.  So, I have decided to try and make use of the masses of make-up/clothes/shoes that I actually have (some of which I have never used/worn - naughty).  In the spirit of this I thought that I would do FOTD using Urban Decay's Naked Palette which I have had for a while.

When the Naked Palette first came out I couldn't get my hands on it fast enough and it sold out everywhere - for good reason!  The thing is amazing!  As I remember it cost me something like £32 and for that you get 12 eyeshadows, a brush and a mini eyeshadow primer.  The eyeshadows are long lasting and go on so smoothly, no cakey or flakey consistencies here!  Although it is a neutral palette the range of shadows means its perfectly capable of creating different looks.  I would completely recommend getting one, its one product that actually lives up to the hype.




With flash

Face
MAC Strobe Cream
MAC Mineralize Satinfinish Foundation in NC25
MAC Studio Scuplt Conceler in NC25
MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Dark
MAC Cremeblend Blush in Posey

Eyes
Urban Decay Primer Potion
Urban Decay Naked Palette colours: Virgin (right in the inner lid and also under brow as highlight);
Sin, (heavily all over eyelid blend right out to the eyebrow);
Toasted, (in the crease and blended out just above the crease); and
Hustle (crease)
Rimmel Black Exaggerate Eyeliner
Rimmel Volume Flash Mascara

Eyebrows
The Body Shop Brow and Liner Kit in dark

Lips
MAC Strobe Creme (in cupids bow)
Carmex
MAC Lipstick in Hug Me

If you want to grab a Naked Palette they are now much easier to get hold of now and are in stock at Debanhams (here) and House of Fraser (here).  Also I would like to say a massive thanks to Asma from StyleFrost (her lovely blog is here) who used to tweet me everytime she saw one back in stock when they were impossible to get!

10 comments:

Georgia said...

Ooh the look suits you so much, you look so pretty! :) xx

ellinelle said...

..you look so gorgeous , especially I love your eyebrows - so perfect ..
..that is funny because we all sometimes have a great finds in our wardrobes :)

Kirsty F said...

The eye shadow looks great! Im not a huge fan of colour on the eyes, but this is a look im definatley going to try out!

well done on your degree classification! Hope you have a great graduation, i just had mine and it was the best day of my life!!

www.pinksugarnotes.blogspot.com

xxx

Emma said...

Your eyebrows are exactly perfect!...

E
x

Sriya said...

You look gorgeous! I love the Naked Palette! You have perfect eyebrows!! xx

roshas said...

you look amazing! I was wondering what happened to you! Congrats on your results :) xx

Ellie Rose said...

Firstly, lovely to visit your blog for the first time. Secondly, congrats on your degree!! Thirdly, perfect eyebrows!

Ellie Rose xxx

StyleFrost said...

Yay! Congratulations on your degree! Nice to see you back, love your eyes! x

Sweet & Sour said...

Your so pretty, love your blog. Just stumbled across it and literally read all your posts.
http://asweetandsourtaste.blogspot.com/

Brandy said...

Gorgeous look. So pretty. You are very pretty too. I love your blog. :)